These are, in my opinion, the main topics and challenges for the A350 XWB in this New Year 2016:
- Ramp-up in manufacturing, in assembly (pre-FALs & FAL) and in deliveries from Toulouse.
- Recover the current delay.
- Assure availability of all components on time and on quality. Specially (but not only) cabin interiors, seats, galleys, overhead bins, toilets, etc.
- 1st aircraft MSN59 final assembly and 1st flight.
- Flight Tests and Certification activities for 2017 TC and EIS.
- Cabin interior optimization.
A350-800: cancellation without losing 8+8 orders from Asiana Airlines and Aeroflot.
Other A350 models and versions;
ULR - Ultra Long Range, HGW - High Gross Weight , Regional, stretched A350-1000, A350F cargo, VIP-Prestige, new engines and structural modifications.
Smooth Entry Into Service with new Operators; Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Ethiopian Airlines, Thai Airways, China Airlines, SriLankan Airlines, Lufthansa, Air Caraibes, American Airlines, Iberia, etc.
New orders and new customers. With the big order from Emirates to be decided during the year. Specially, new orders for A350-1000 model.
Any other hot-topic for 2016?