23 April 2016

Why that cargo door on 1st A350-1000 prototype?


Airbus has installed in the MSN59, the 1st A350-1000 prototype, the same Emergency escape hatch for test-crew that was installed in the MSN1, the first A350-900 prototype.

Source: Airbus


The main cargo door, manufactured in Korea by KAI wil not be flying on the first set of test-flights of the MSN59. As it occurred in the MSN1 first flight prototype.

Each test flight is operated by a crew of 2 pilots and 3 flight engineers, who monitor the stream of data flowing from a multitude of sensors into a bank of computers installed in the middle of the cabin

Source: Airbus

On all seats is a parachute. If things should go terribly awry and the crew needs to evacuate, a bright-orange railing leads them from the cockpit door to a hatch in the floor above the forward cargo door.
By pulling a lever, the crew can trigger a set of explosive charges that will blow a hole in the right side of the fuselage. They can then leap down a slide, through the hole, and into the air.

Source: Airbus


More details about the emergency scape.

The cargo door could be installed later as it was done beginning of 2015 in the MSN1.

12 comments:

  1. A really cool looking bird, pretty long and awesome with the six-wheel-bogie!Looking forward to a successful first flight later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, it is not KAI, but KAL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is a far behind as the A350's two months now according to Qatar

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this blog no longer exists

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now 3months behind according Chinese Airlines

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now six months behind with the 1000- what a bloody shambles
    If I was Clarke I'd buy Boeing. It would be the next decade before I got a A350 delivery!!!!! Oh and this blog is learning from Airbus too! Its now 2months behind. Best to shut it down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for writing such an interesting article on this topic. This has really made me think and I hope to read more. Read my latest blog on Keyword Analysis

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general things,The website style is perfect, the articles is really great :D. Good job.
    Cara Menambah Kontak BBM Secara Otomatis
    Cara Menambah pin BBM Secara Otomatis
    auto add pin bbm otomatis

    ReplyDelete
  9. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com) You can also whatsApp them at: at +44-75967-81743 (WhatsApp Only) .. and inform them Leah Brown addressed to you ..

    ReplyDelete